Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.
~ Bikram Choudhury
Spring is a time of new beginnings. A time to awaken from our long winter slumber, as we inherently begin to feel the need to venture out, to enjoy the first rays of sunshine, eat lighter foods, and de-clutter our lives. For some, This transition is an easy and smooth one. For others, this transition my be a rough journey out of hibernation. Here are some simple tricks to help your mind, body and spirit awaken and bloom into spring.
Cleanse Your Internal Systems
Our bodies are intelligently and accurately in tune with the rhythm of the earth, they naturally ebb and flow with the seasons. During winter we tend to withdraw somewhat, exchanging many social events and experiences for cozy evenings at home, warm meals, and personal reflection. With the emergence of spring, we ourselves feel the emergence of a new energy within us, a sort of ‘waking up’ state. However, these long winter months and holiday treats have cluttered our mind and body just as junk has cluttered our home. To function at full capacity, both mind and body must be clean, organised and operating properly.
At the beginning of each season, try to do a full body detox or cleanse. This internal reset and restore of nutrients will allow you to truly begin a new and allow you the be at your best. We recommend some kind of juice/fasting cleanse to, but do your research and be sure to find a cleanse that works for you and your body type. (REMEMBER that the idea is to flush your system out, hydrate and replenish lost nutrients. Please no drinking, smoking, caffeine, or processed foods.)
Once you have reset your systems, you can incorporate whole organic foods, back into your diet. Try out a farmers market, or good to a whole foods market!
Some additional therapies for further system cleansing include:
- Colon Hydrotherapy
Hydrate Your Body
Our bodies are anywhere from 60% to 70% water, it is essential to regulate our body temperature, functions, mental capacity, and not to mention skin tone among many others. As the Sun come out to greet the world, it is important that you stay HYDRATED. This will help with cravings, maintain body wieght, and give you radiant glowing skin.
Here are some quick tips to stay hydrated:
- Carry a water bottle: An easy way to ensure you are in taking enough water is to carry around a 32 oz water bottle with you and drink two a day! This provides an easy measurement system and saves plastic.
- Make it fun: Decorate your bottle, customized it! Add times to the side to hold yourself accountable for drinking a certain amount per hour, to ensure you don’t have to guzzle latter.
- Spruce your water up: Add lemons, oranges, or even strawberries to help with variety. Brew your own cold brewed tea, or organic lemon aid(Lemons, water and real organic maple syrup).
April Showers and May Flowers, nature is booming and blooming with energy! Getting out and enjoying the sunshine, provides essential vitamin D absorption as well as increases serotonin(the happy hormone) and overall sense of well being. Being active is also extremely beneficial for your health, just 30 minutes of exercise a day will help to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So go for a walk, a bike ride, a swim. Enjoy the Sunshine!
Ground Yourself with Planned Relaxation
Although Spring is a time of new beginnings and energy, it is also a time of change. Change tends to cause unbalance in the lives of most and it is important to make time to anchor,focus and balance yourself.
Here are some easy ways to plan your relaxation at home:
- Meditate: Calm your mind and meditate twice a day for 30 minutes. Meditationbring your focus back to your true self, and allows a clean channel from you to spirit, god, source, whatever you call it. (Remember, its okay to think, and have thoughts run through your head from time to time, just allow yourself to refocus on your breathing or a mantra.)
- Take time for you: Enjoy a spa day, get a pedicure, read a book. PLAN time for you and DO NOT reschedule. You cannot truly help others, when you are not in balance.
- Try Yoga: Yoga is a great way to connect mind body and spirit while incorporating exercise and flexibility training.
- Self-Affirmations: It has been stated that perception is reality, and it is true! Take a second in the morning to remind yourself of the good, to tell yourself you ARE beautiful inside and out, as each and everyone of us is a master piece!
The Bottom Line
The key is to find something that both resonates well with you, and that you enjoy. It should not be a struggle, and each person’s experience is entirely unique. Happy spring everyone!
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog, feel free to message us with any suggestions, questions or requests!