Treat Your Valentine to a Feast of the Senses with Essential Oils
What we smell can affect the way we feel, think, and behave, so why not diffuse some romantic essential oils this Valentine’s Day?
There are many essential oils that produce an aphrodisiac effect, although the response may vary from person to person. Find the essential oil or blend that comforts you the most. You will be more likely to extend love if you feel at peace and in balance.
Recommended Essential Oils: Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Whisper, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, or Patchouli.
A massage is a great way to show your affection on this day of love! This AromaTouch Hand Technique provides an effective way to aid the whole body, and can help with stress, anxiety, and tension.
Did you know your hands are one of the three reflex locations on the body that contain a complete visceral (organ) system? Visceral points are known to affect digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive systems. The other reflex locations include the feet and the ears.
Instructions for the AromaTouch Hand Technique:
- Use both hands to grip one of the recipient’s hands on either side with the dorsam (back) of their hand facing upward and with your thumbs on top.
- Use your thumbs to stretch the tissue of the hand moving from the inside to the outward edge, and from their wrist to the base of the fingers.
- Turn the recipient’s hand over and apply a light, even coating of your selected oil to the entire palm side of the hand.
- Grip the recipient’s hand with one hand on either side, with your thumbs on top. Use your thumbs to methodically work through the hand’s 3 regions, beginning in region 1, with medium pressure. Make sure to massage the entire surface area of each of the hand’s regions.
- Next, use your thumbs to work through each of the hand’s 5 zones. Beginning in zone 1, place your thumbs at the top of the recipient’s hand close to the wrist and alternately work thumbs down the entire length of zone 1 to the tip of the finger. Repeat the procedure for all 5 zones.
- Inter-Phalangeal Pull
- With the recipient’s palm facing up, grip their wrist in one hand.
- Use your other hand to stretch the inter-phalangeal tissue, tissue located between each finger, away from their hand by gripping and sliding the tissue between your thumb and forefinger.
- Repeat this process at least 2 times.
Recommended Essential Oils: AromaTouch, Balance, Lavender, Frankincense.
What’s Valentine’s Day without a little dessert? Here are a few ideas for making your February 14th a little sweeter:
- Make this deliciousChocolate Bliss Raspberry Parfait for the chocoholic in your life. Recipe featured in the Winter 2013 Living Magazine.
- Dip some pretzels in melted white chocolate with Citrus Bliss essential oil for a salty-sweet combo.
- Make some homemade chocolate covered strawberries with peppermint essential oil for a delicious sweet treat.
Interested in purchasing essential oils? http://www.mydoterra.com/internalwisdom/
Stay tuned for more info on Essential Oils.
Editor’s Tip: Essential oils are potent! Start conservatively by first coating a toothpick in essential oil, and then dipping the toothpick into the chocolate. Increase gradually until desired flavor is achieved, using the toothpick method or adding essential oil one drop at a time.